An Idyllic Farmhouse and Barn to rent
Larmalie is a hamlet consisting of three properties with each a barn situated inthe north Dordogne area of France. The hamlet is at the end of a country lane with no through traffic. In the video you can see all three properties and our one for rent is the middle one. The accommodation described here consists of the main farm house and a large barn with two self-contained units inside, with the centre area of the barn used for access and storage. There are two main garden areas; one overlooked by the house and barn featuring a stone built well and a former hen house, and the other forming an L shape around the main house.
Both areas have large trees giving cool shade in the summer. One is a fabulous old Walnut tree in the garden at the front of the house. We love to put a large scrubbed wooden table under it with bench seating and enjoy relaxed meals under it.
Our house at Larmalie is fully equipped and furnished for up to 13 people.
Main Farm House (on 2 floors)
- The first floor has 2 large double bedrooms, the smaller of the two having a washbasin.
- There is also a smaller nursery room with a cot.
- Off the spacious landing there is a washroom with loo and washbasin.
- The ground floor has a large open plan family room which includes a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher at one end and at the other a seating area, a wood burner and a television.
- The front door of the door of the kitchen opens onto a stone terrace.
- The smaller living room has a wood burner, double sofabed and single bed.
- A fully equipped bathroom and a washing machine is situated off the entrance lobby.
THE CENTRE BARN
The Centre Barn is used for storage and provides access to each barn unit and separates North and South Barns.
The North Barn
- The smaller of the 2 barn units has a double bedroom on the first floor.
- The ground floor has large shower room.
- There is a living area with a small kitchen and a fridge and an 2 comfortable chairs one of which folds out into a bed.
The South Barn
- The south barn has a large ‘studio’ room with double bed or two single beds.
- There is also a bathroom with a shower.
- The former mangers have been converted into a single bed space.
- There is a kitchen and other cupboards. The outdoor games are stored in these cupboards.
- The French windows lead onto a private terrace.